It is December already and this means one thing, Star Trek Online Open Beta is coming closer, faster! The Open Beta will be on January 12, 2010 to January 26, 2010 then a few days later, the Head Start period is next from January 29, 2010 to February 2, 2010.
Yes I hear you, it is time to pre-order and get your STO boxes. There are two boxes as usual, the Regular Box and the Collector’s Edition boxset. Allow me to show you where you can order and have it shipped in your country, especially if you are in Asia.
You should buy the CE boxset if you have the extra cash for it! Here are some of the goodies that comes with the CE box (source)
- Communicator Badge: High quality cast metal design based on the in-game badge model. Fully 3D Sculpted with recessed burst and curved contours.
- Deluxe Packaging: Futuristic 3dX holography set in a high quality brushed aluminum finish. Heavy duty construction with magnetic closures and nested compartments for all components.
- Deluxe Manual: High end, hardbound, art book, manual, and disc case in a single, elegant package. “HD Printing” on over 40 glossy pages of exclusive art from the Star Trek Online Universe.
- Red Matter Capacitor: A unique item that charges up and delivers extra energy to all of your ship’s equipment for a short time. A device that, when used, gives you a small bump in energy, has a long recharge.
- The Next Generation Uniform: Uniform options from The Next Generation. The timeless look worn by Picard, Data, and Riker.
- Deep Space Nine Uniform: Uniform options from Deep Space Nine. Grey shoulders, on a black uniform, just like Sisko, Worf, and Dax.
Cryptic also posted a Pre-Order Bonus FAQ which you should read. Of course, with every pre-order comes exclusive items, features, emoticons, and what not. Check some of my favorites below:
This renowned ship registration prefix designates a special prototype vessel. Players can attach this prefix to the title of any of their ships.
At character creation, a player can select Trill as a race. This unlocks special exclusive traits that enhance the character’s abilities. Note that the special abilities are the only exclusive aspect; players are still able to create Trills in the game. However, they will lack the Trill abilities.
This ground item goes into a character’s body armor slot. Based on technology brought back from the Delta Quadrant by U.S.S. Voyager, this personal body armor improves the damage and critical hits of a player’s ground energy weapons.
You can check the complete list at STO’s Pre-Order Exclusives page.
Once you have Pre-Order, you should get a key which you should enter here. It guarantees your access to the Open Beta, in other words the OBT is by invite only (isn’t that called Closed Beta then, Cryptic?) or will be limited (which still means not “open” beta).
Here are some screenshots from the game.
I will soon go where no man has gone before, would you like to join me and explore the vastness of space? But be sure to check the system requirements
Except where otherwise noted, this content is
licensed under a Creative Commons License.