Checking out what jobs are open in the international gaming industry, I of course checked out first ArenaNet’s Employment Information as I am actively playing their first online game Guild Wars.
I found three interesting positions…
ArenaNet, creator of the block-buster online RPG Guild Wars, is seeking a Writer/Editor to generate compelling content for our official game website. Candidates must have extensive gaming experience, preferably with PC and/or console games. Applicants called in for an interview will be asked to complete a short editing test.
- Coordinate with the community manager and the Web and Marketing teams to help develop a content plan for the official Guild Wars website.
- Generate content for the official website, including strategy articles, lore, and support materials such as an online manual.
- Coordinate text handoffs and meet tight deadlines.
- Develop a pool of freelance writers. Manage all contracts and deadlines with freelance writers, and edit their materials before handing off to the Web team.
- Assist the Writing team by writing or editing marketing copy and strategy material as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Extensive experience playing Guild Wars (special consideration will be given to candidates who have an intimate knowledge of the Guild Wars PvP system).
- A passion for gaming!
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- 1â€“3 years professional experience as a writer or editor, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Flexible, hard-working team player with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet constant deadlines.
- Four-year degree required.
- Ability to grasp the intricate details of both competitive and cooperative gameplay and to write about them in an exciting and meaningful way.
If you’d like to work with the team that created Guild Wars, and have a desire to rock the game industry by becoming an integral part our Writing team, we want to hear from you! Special consideration will be given to candidates with extensive experience playing Guild Wars.
This one, I know I can apply for this position, but, I haven’t really wrote or enhanced or practiced my writing creative-writing skills for years now. I don’t even remember when I last wrote for an RPG the way ArenaNet described the job. Maybe in the future or maybe it will now become a part of my gaming history.