nVIDIA® announced that their new tool GeForce Experience entered into open beta and is now downloadable for everyone. Over 40,000 gamers downloaded the application during the closed beta and have provided tremendous feedback which helped bring the software to open beta quality. In this stage, support for the latest games like FarCry 3, Mechwarrior Online, and Hawken were added, bringing the total supported games to 41.
In addition to that…
…CPU support has been extended to Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors. The game detection logic was also improved which will help supported games to work more reliably with the tool. And it doesn’t end there, gamers have requested support for 2560x1440 screen resolution and that’s included in the v1.0.1 open beta release.
v188.8.131.52 Release Notes
- Expanded game support, including FarCry 3, Mechwarrior Online, Hawken, Hitman Absolution, Left 4 Dead 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Fable III, The Secret World, Football Manager 2013, and Fallout New Vegas. GFE now support 41 titles.
- Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU support in most games. More to come.
- Dramatically improved game detection logic.
- Added optimal playable settings for 2560x1440 displays.
- Improved translations for Chinese, Danish, and UK English.
- Improved performance for client startup, billboard display, game scan, and communication with nVIDIA servers.
- Numerous bug fixes and improvements.
GeForce Experience can be downloads here.