But one day you tried installing another game (or any other application) but it requires some Microsoft® drivers and whatever proprietary software it needs. You got stuck. Well, today is the day when you will finally have the solution into your hands!!
Want to know what it is? Or more exactly (since the title already gave it away), how to do it? I’ll show you how.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Get the plugin “POL Helper” here: [Plugin] POL Helper
- Extract the downloaded file
- Copy (or move) the “POL Helper” directory to “~/.PlayOnLinux/plugins/”
But wait, how do you use it? Here’s how:
- Open up PlayOnLinux
- Go to the “Plugins” Menu and choose “POL Helper”
- A new window will appear, look for “winetricks” and click it
- Another new window will show up, just select “To POL Launcher”
- Then you can choose the POL-wineprefix that you want to update by clicking on the “Open Folder” icon
- After selecting your prefix, click on the button “run winetricks”
You can then look for that requirement that your game requires. Simply check the corresponding checkbox and click ‘OK’. winetricks will download it, install it on that particular POL-wineprefix, and you’re done.
More information here:
If you need additional help, please post your questions in detail here: gameshogun forums