(Update 1) StarCraft 2 Screenshots
Screenshots that I like, courtesy of IGN.com. (Check it inside!)
UPDATE #1: For the High-Res screenshots without the IGN.com watermark, visit the Official StarCraft 2 Website.
As you can see, the space background has changed a lot, there are now planets Gives us more of the feeling that we are actually fighting up there in the cold-space.
Also, check out those cool new Protoss units and the awesome new design of the Terran Battlecruisers. Let’s not forget the new building-units, the design, and the… the… can’t wait for this game!!! 9 Years!! We have to wait 9 Years for an announcement of the sequel!
And we still have to wait a few more years to actually play the game
Here are some of the new units shown:
- Immortal (Protoss Unit): Before the loss of Aiur, veteran protoss warriors who had been crippled in battle could volunteer to continue their service by being transplanted into dragoon exoskeletons. Now, the dragoons of the past are all but gone… More Info…
- Stalker (Protoss Unit): Inspired by the ancient and honored dragoon walkers the dark templar have begun to build war machines of their own. The stalker is a machine controlled by the shadow-essence of a dark templar warrior, willingly fused into its metal body to protect his people… More Info…
- Phase Prism (Protoss Unit): The protoss use these “phase prisms” in several ways. Their primary function is to transport protoss forces on the field of battle. Both living and inorganic subjects can be transformed into energy, and their unique energy signature imprinted into the prism’s crystal lattice core… More Info…
- Gateway / Warp Gate (Protoss Building): The protoss’ ability to manipulate time and space far surpasses the limited understanding of other races. A gateway is a structure capable of opening a spatial rift via which protoss forces can be warped directly from their home territories to the battlefield… More Info…
- Colossus (Protoss Unit) - A large quad-legged vehicle that fires strong dual lasers. This unit can also traverse differences in terrain height. In the Artwork/Gameplay trailer on Blizzard’s site, it appears to “steal” what looks like energy from the unit it is attacking. (wikipedia)
- Phoenix (Protoss Unit) - An aircraft that can overcharge guns for multiple projectile blasts. However, after the initial blast the ship is rendered inert for a short period of time, unable to move or attack. (wikipedia)
- Warp Ray (Protoss Unit) - An aircraft that attacks with a blue laser, dealing more damage as it focuses on the same target. It is powerful against tough units and buildings, but wastes damage on small units and can be quickly overcome. (wikipedia)
- Mothership (Protoss Unit) - A powerful hovering unit that consumes an extreme amount of resources to produce. It is able to attack multiple units at time, and has three unique abilities, which are the Time Bomb, Planet Cracker, and Black Hole. The Time Bomb ability slows all enemy units and stops missile attacks. The Planet Cracker ability is a large laser that fires from the bottom of the Mothership, obliterating anything in its field. The Black Hole ability creates a void that absorbs and destroys enemy aircrafts. Only one Mothership can be active at a time. (wikipedia)
- Nydus Worm (Zerg Unit) - A transport unit that transports small units such as zerglings from underground. (wikipedia)
- Baneling (Zerg Unit) - A mutated Zergling filled with explosive and acidic chemicals that can roll across terrain and explode on impact. (wikipedia)
- Reapers (Terran Unit) - A unit much like the Marines, but carrying dual machine pistols. It has a jump jet allowing it to hop down or up a tier, making it effective for exploiting weak spots in an elevated base. (wikipedia)
- Zealot (Protoss Unit): Zealots are peerless templar warriors who have yet to achieve the uppermost ranks of the Khala. Ever eager for battle, zealots train constantly to attune themselves more closely to the Khala’s disciplines and prove themselves worthy of advancement. They exemplify the unbridled ferocity of the protoss at war… More Info…
- Zergling (Zerg Unit)
- Dragoon (Protoss Unit), replaced by Immortals
I cried after seeing what was shown on the WWI floor… 9 years, and we still have to wait again. At least this time, it is official. What I like with StarCraft other than the gameplay itself? It has the greatest sci-fi storyline I’ve ever seen.
See more of the screenshots by clicking here, courtesy of IGN.com.
:: StarCraft II Articles ::
StarCraft II - GameDev Explaining the New Units
StarCraft II - Press Release
StarCraft II - Official Details
StarCraft 2 Screenshots
StarCraft 2 Video Trailer
It is Official: Next Big Game of Blizzard - StarCraft 2
:: Subscribe Now to Get the Latest Articles! ::
the Gaming Realm blog Posts
Check all Our Syndications/Feeds by clicking here.
:: Rate this Post ::
:: Bookmark this Post ::
tags: StarCraft 2, StarCraft II, StarCraft, SC, SC2, Blizzard, Vivendi, RTS
Trackback address for this post:
Comments, Trackbacks, Pingbacks:
StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and br...
Leave a comment:
the Gaming Realm
|<< <||> >>|
This blog has 206 posts and 169 comments spanning a range from 10/24/05 to 08/05/07 .The total number of words in all posts is 73,911 , and the total number of views for individual posts is 441,403 .
- Guest Users: 21
- EN: JC John SESE Cuneta
- More about JC..
- EN: Azrael Coladilla
- Azrael's Personal Blog
- EN: Julius D. Rocas
- Julius' Personal Blog
- Announcement-Games Blog (7)
- Beta News (4)
- Console (3)
- Game Titles (27)
- Gaming-General (71)
- IMMortals (0)
- IP E-Games Philippines Updates and New Games (5.0) 2 votes
- Possible StarCraft 2 Video (5.0) 2 votes
- The Myth that is called the QoS 20% Bandwidth Gain (5.0) 1 votes
- the Guild Wars World Map Project (5.0) 1 votes
- StarCraft II Press Release (5.0) 2 votes